Petition of an Child above the age of 17

Foreign Marriage. An American marries a foreigner who has two children from a previous marriage. One child is 17 years of age and the other child is 21 years of age. The Petition from the American citizen for the Spouse does not include the minor child. The American citizen only petitions for the Spouse, but what can be done for the children?

The American may petition for the Spouse and file a petition for the 17-year-old child as the marriage between the American citizen and the Spouse occurred while this child was a minor, however, the 21-year-old child must wait to be petitioned by the Spouse once that Spouse has been granted a “Green Card”. After that time the 21-year-old child may have its own immigration process.

Fernando PalaciosForeign marriage

Our Melbourne office is centrally located in Brevard County, enabling our lawyers to serve clients throughout “the Space Coast”, including Cocoa Beach, Palm Bay and Vero Beach.

Client Review

“I continue to be impressed and grateful for Maurice Arcadier’s depth of knowledge, methodical, measured and fair legal guidance. I’ve worked and conducted business across 15 countries, but here at home, he and his law firm feel just as much business partners as legal counsel. The perspective and consideration he offers remains more-than-valuable to me as I navigate each new business endeavor. I would wholeheartedly recommend Maurice to anyone !”
Demetri K
Client Review

For a Consultation