Defense Attorney Melbourne, FL
Our firm houses a defense attorney Melbourne, FL residents recommend when facing legal entanglements. Criminal charges should never be taken lightly, especially considering that the consequences can be heavy and incredibly impactful for those convicted and their families. This is just one reason to contact a defense attorney from The Law Offices of Arcadier, Biggie & Wood. We are available to not only protect your rights, but our extensive experience in representing those charged with crimes sets us apart from other area lawyers.
The Impact of a Criminal Conviction
If you have been charged with a crime, the consequences can be severe if convicted. While the court will hand down penalties that can forever impact a person’s life sometimes, even after time has been served and fines are paid, there can also be other long-term, adverse outcomes. While penalties can certainly range depending upon the crime, here are some possible consequences of a criminal conviction:
- Jail Time
- Lengthy Prison Sentence
- Community Service
- Time Away from Family
- Legal Fees
- Loss of Civil Rights
- Difficulty Obtaining Employment
- Impacted Relationships
- Difficulty Being Approved for Housing Applications
After serving time, collateral consequences can follow. A Melbourne, Florida defense attorney that you rely on should be the initial step taken after a criminal charge. With so much riding on the case’s outcome, having a professional to protect your rights will be critical.
Reasons to Contact a Criminal Defense Attorney
Facing a criminal charge can be incredibly stressful as a possible conviction can carry heavy consequences. Some people may believe that they can manage the criminal system independently, without legal counsel; however, depending upon the severity of the crime, this may not be in your best interest. Here are some reasons that our services may be essential to ensure the best possible outcome for your case:
- Criminal defense lawyers have a vast knowledge of criminal law and local court systems in your area, which can be advantageous to your case.
- Understands criminal law and can strategize the best defense for your case.
- To give yourself the best opportunity at an outcome in your favor.
- Can negotiate deals with prosecutors.
- You will have someone on your side who will provide you with their honest opinion on moving forward by providing their objective and professional viewpoint.
- Representing yourself can be overwhelming and may even make matters worse.
- Public defenders often carry high caseloads and may not be able to dedicate the time needed to your case.
- For help gathering evidence in support of your case.
Criminal defense lawyers provide many advantages, a few other layers of support, including someone who can give regular case updates and even offer emotional support and guidance during an incredibly stressful and challenging time.
Our Experience Sets Us Apart
The Law Offices of Arcadier, Biggie, & Wood offer Florida residents nearly 75 years of combined experience. Our eight lawyers each provide focus and expertise in different areas of the law. When facing criminal charges and a possible subsequent conviction, having one of our dedicated lawyers by your side will be one of the best steps you can take towards a resolution in your favor. Please start the process of protecting your rights today by scheduling an appointment with our Melbourne, FL defense attorney.