A Business Litigation Lawyer Melbourne, FL Can Trust
Owning your own business is certainly a dream for many ambitious entrepreneurs. The advantages of being a business owner are many including being your own boss and dictating the direction of your company. Unfortunately, as a business litigation lawyer in Melbourne, FL knows all too well, there are challenges as well.
There are many risks: inconsistent income, unforeseen expenses, untrustworthy employees, exceptionally long hours with minimal vacation. Additionally, owning one’s own business may also include lawsuits against your company or those which you have to file against others to protect your company.
Arcadier, Biggie & Wood, PLLC can work on your behalf to resolve any legal issues that your business is experiencing. Our team has extensive experience with business litigation, and our goal is to always consider our clients’ best interests by solving their toughest legal problems in the most expedient and cost-efficient manner. It is important for the security of your company to seek legal advice from a Melbourne, FL, business litigation lawyer, like Arcadier, Biggie & Wood, PLLC, who can provide valuable guidance. We work for clients in all industries to resolve issues from disputes that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Claims against another company.
- Claims against an individual or group of individuals.
- Claims against a government entity.
- Disputes concerning business and commercial relationships.
- Breach of contract of fiduciary duty (defined as the withholding of something, usually money).
- Partnership disputes.
- Regulatory investigation.
- Finance and investments.
- Intellectual property, including trademarks, registered designs, and patents.
- Insurance disputes arising from construction, motor vehicle, and product liability accidents.
- Cybersecurity. Businesses face threats everyday through the internet. Your company needs privacy and cybersecurity monitoring to protect against irreparable damage from these constant threats.
- Trade secret disputes such as those that include contact lists of clients, sales leads, industry or product proprietary formulas, etc.
- Business conspiracy, which is the practice of one business willfully and maliciously injuring the plaintiff’s business, trade, or profession. Claims are popular in Virginia because there is a business-conspiracy statute that prohibits conspiracy claims and allows the recovery of triple damages in addition to reimbursing attorney’s fees to the successful plaintiff.
Lawsuits are a matter of public record. A lawsuit can damage a company’s reputation resulting in a variety of negative consequences for that business. A company does not want the potential public relations issues caused by legal actions. It is important to be prepared for possible disputes by meeting with a business litigation lawyer in Melbourne, FL to discuss which aspects of your business may be vulnerable to litigation. Arcadier, Biggie & Wood, PLLC works to minimize litigation risks and any attorney on our team can advise you on practical means to protect your company.
It is almost always preferable to privately resolve business disputes; however, when this format isn’t possible, a dispute attorney can be an invaluable asset. Arcadier, Biggie & Wood, PLLC aggressively attempts to resolve issues using mediation and arbitration, but is prepared to go to court if necessary to protect your company’s business interests. Contact an experienced business litigation lawyer Melbourne, FL companies trust from Arcadier, Biggie & Wood, PLLC, today.