Motorcycle Accident Attorney Melbourne, FL
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, you may want to speak with a motorcycle accident attorney Melbourne, FL accident victims prefer. You may be entitled to compensation. An attorney from the Law Offices of Arcadier, Biggie & Wood can help you pursue a timely claim against the negligent party.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists are more likely to suffer severe injuries during accidents because they don’t have the protection of a vehicle. Here are the most common motorcycle accident injuries.
- Road rash. If motorcyclists are thrown off their bike in an accident, they might slide across the pavement. This can cause road rash, which removes the outer layer of skin, leaving the skin underneath exposed to the elements. Without proper treatment, road rash can lead to infection. Motorcyclists can reduce the severity of road rash by wearing a leather jacket, riding pants and gloves.
- Head injuries. Motorcyclists are also at risk of sustaining head injuries during an accident if their head hits another object. Symptoms of a head injury include dizziness, headache, confusion, nausea and blurry vision. If a head injury is severe enough, it can result in long-term physical, behavioral and cognitive impairments.
- Rider’s arm. Motorcyclists who land on their upper arms or have their bike land on top of them are at risk of rider’s arm. This injury can cause nerve damage in the upper arm, which may affect mobility. In severe cases, rider’s arm may lead to paralysis.
- Facial and dental injuries. As a motorcycle accident attorney Melbourne, FL can confirm, motorcyclists can also suffer various facial and dental injuries during accidents. These injuries may include facial scarring, loose teeth, eye damage and broken bones and can negatively affect a person’s self-esteem.
- Broken bones. In an accident, motorcyclists are also in danger of suffering broken bones in their arms, legs, ribs and hips. Broken bones can be very painful and take a long time to heal. In severe cases, surgery may be required.
Damages in a Motorcycle Accident Case
If you suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident caused by another motorist, you deserve to be fairly compensated. Here are the potential damages you may be entitled to.
- Medical bills, including doctor’s visits, hospitalization, surgery and medication
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
An experienced lawyer can help you build a strong personal injury case and improve your chances of getting fair compensation.
Schedule a consultation with a motorcycle accident attorney in Melbourne, FL from the Law Offices of Arcadier, Biggie & Wood today.