Probate Law

Probate Lawyer Melbourne, FL

Our probate and Estate Planning lawyers, through probate attorney, Eve Travis, offers legal advice on the legal process of transferring a person’s property after they die. Florida’s circuit courts are in charge of overseeing this process. A probate proceeding should be filed by an attorney who practices in the circuit court of the county where the deceased person resided. If the person did not live in Florida, then a probate proceeding can be filed in any county where the decedent owned property. Any interested person can open a probate proceeding. An interested person includes a beneficiary, a creditor, the nominated personal representative, or any other person who expects to be affected by the probate proceeding.

There are three different types of probate proceedings in Florida: Formal Administration, Summary Administration, and Disposition of Personal Property Without Administration. Determining which type of probate proceeding is right for you depends on the value and type of assets that the deceased person owned. Formal Administration is the standard probate proceeding; however, if the decedent’s estate meets certain requirements, then it may qualify for a small estate probate proceeding. Florida offers two types of small estate proceedings: Summary Administration and Disposition of Personal Property Without Administration. If the decedent is a nonresident of Florida, you need to open an Ancillary Administration to probate the nonresident’s Florida property.

Probate Law

Your probate attorney will tell you which proceedings are available in your particular situation and help you choose the right option. Your lawyer will then open the probate proceeding for you and administer the deceased person’s estate.

Most Estates require an attorney to open a probate proceeding. Do I need an attorney to open a probate proceeding for limited exceptions? Even if you fall into one of the limited exceptions, you will probably want probate attorneys to administer the probate estate. Formal Administration, Summary Administration, and Ancillary Administration are complicated and time-consuming undertakings. A probate lawyer will administer the decedent’s estate in an effective and efficient manner and guide you through the probate process.


Arcadier, Biggie & Wood, PLLC provides professional probate attorneys for:

  • Formal Administration
  • Summary Administration
  • Ancillary Administration
  • Disposition of Personal Property without Administration
  • Representation of Beneficiaries & Heirs
  • Representation of Personal Representatives & Executors
  • Estate Proceedings
  • Intestate Proceedings
  • Trust Administration and Estate Administration
  • Will Challenges
  • Determination of Exempt Property
  • Will, Trust and Estate Planning

What we do

Our Probate lawyers handle probate proceedings in all Florida counties. If the deceased person was a resident of another state, our probate attorneys can open an ancillary administration in Florida. If you live in another state or county, Arcadier, Biggie & Wood, PLLC will provide phone consultations to minimize the cost and burden of traveling to our office.

Our attorneys also draft wills, trusts, and other documents to ensure that your estate passes to your beneficiaries in the most efficient manner. Contact our estate planning attorneys to make sure that your estate is in order.

Arcadier, Biggie & Wood, PLLC offers personalized, quality legal services, with experienced lawyers, at reasonable rates. Our attorneys look forward to helping you with your estate planning and probate needs. Contact us at (321) 953-5998. Free Phone Legal Consultation is available with our experienced probate attorney, Eve Travis.

Recent Post
Free Consultation